The first organized fire protection in East Williston was furnished by the East Williston Hook and Ladder Company, established about 1890. The present Village Hall served as a firehouse and the equipment was paid for by the water commissioners. The area protected was much larger than present day. Upon the Incorporation of the Village in 1926, the Town Firemen became the East Williston Fire Department and now serves the incorporated village.
To go to the website for the East Williston Fire Department, please click on www.ewfd.org